Thursday 5 January 2012

The Unexpected Present

Hello peeps and poops.

Hope you all had a good new year. And what better way to start the new year than becoming a follower of my blog (SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT). While you are doing that here is a good story for you.

As some of you may know, my birthday is very near Christmas, only a week before in fact. And this has been  a very unfortunate blip on behalf of my parents, as it means the excitement comes all at once. It also means that some mean individuals give you a present whilst saying airily "Oh, that's your Christmas present too by the way." I mean really. Just because their birthday is in June.

So anyway, this particular year it was my 16th birthday, and I came downstairs with that happy, special feeling one gets when it is their birthday. I got hugs from the family, I got a cup of tea, I got a big pile of presents. It was all going marvellously well. I began to open my presents, a nice scarf, a book, etc. However, whilst nearing the end of my pile of presents I got a bit of a shock. When I opened the present, it revealed a large leather thong. I held it up in surprise and confusion, at which point my mum quickly snatched it away.

"Oh! That's not for you. That's a Christmas present for your dad."

Oh dear.Not only had I been given the wrong present, I had been given completely the wrong present which had left me seeing my parents in a entirely new light. A light which I have to say wasn't preferable to the old, softer, less knowing light I had before the thong had come about.

Mum does like to joke around and get silly presents sometimes. I am sure it was just a joke present. It was a joke present. It was.

Just make sure you label your presents everyone. That should be everyone's new year's resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment